Essential Job Functions
- Conducts advanced level training courses, both on-site and virtual, for management and professional development to include lectures, web-based programs and hands-on sessions. Also offers train-the-trainer sessions to build instructor pool.
- Designs and develops professional, management and/or non-technical skills training programs and curriculums, both on-site and virtual, for employees. Works with applicable business unit/area to establish content, prerequisite skills and knowledge for trainees. Ensures that training courses address all levels of employee.
- Prepares lesson plans including developing and preparing training materials such as manuals, handouts, instructor guides and audiovisuals.
- Works with training management and business units to conduct needs assessments to ensure training needs are met.
- Gathers, reviews and analyzes course evaluations to determine effectiveness of training sessions. Recommends and implements approved revisions to course materials as necessary to improve training effectiveness.
- Reviews external training programs to determine feasibility of purchase as requested. Makes recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, organizational development, education, human resources or related field preferred
- Six or more years of training experience
- Experience working with communications practices, principles and procedures for both on-site and on-line presentations
- Experience working with instructional design and adult learning and training methodologies
Desired Skills: Subject Matter Expertise:
- Basic familiarity with the UNIX command-line
- Basic programming experience in any language
- Familiarity with “traditional” data technologies like RDBMS, SAS, R, &c., “Enterprise” tools like Netezza, Greenplum, Talend, Informatica, &c. or BI tools like MicroStrategy, Cognos, Tableau, &c.
- prior experience using or training on Big Data tools like Hadoop, Storm, ElasticSearch, HBase, Zookeeper, &c.
- prior experience using or training on Cloud & Dev Ops tools like Amazon Web Services, VMWare, Chef, Puppet, &c.
- Good communication skills to develop training manuals and procedures
- Good presentation skills to train and educate employees
- Good interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of employees
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding employee information
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability and desire to actively pursue learning opportunities in the training fields
- Ability to understand and apply federal, state and local changes to and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to human resources
- Willingness to travel
If you want to be part of our team, please send a resume and details about why you would be excited to work at Infochimps to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, see this job description online: