Technical Sales Engineer
Essential Job Functions
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer (Pre-Sales), with a Data Science background to join our team. They will be a significant member of the outside sales team supporting sales for new and existing customers. Experience in Data Science, Open Source and specifically Apache community supported projects, who can manage and lead customer due diligence, who are technically skilled to talk extensively with highly technical customer.
- Engages with assigned or targeted customer organizations. Collaborates and partners with other business development professionals to document sales and solution strategies and plans.
- Creates value by sharing technical knowledge and expertise with assigned or prospective customers. Discovers customer needs and requirements, determines customer problem areas, and articulates recommended solution(s) or product(s).
- Participates in sales calls and demonstrates the value of company solutions and products. Supports delivery of sales materials, presentations and orals. Provides technical advice to business and technical leaders within the customer organization. Builds experience in direct selling, developing winning proposals, and pricing solutions.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable industry technology trends. Serves as an established subject matter expert on customer architecture, business requirements, and company solutions/products. Advises customers on alternative approaches, designs, and means to achieve objectives for current or potential future services.
- Provides assessments, analyses, and recommendations for assigned customer current or contemplated architectures or infrastructures. Utilizes technical expertise and knowledge of trends to anticipate customer needs.
- Supports the qualification of opportunities before the quote process.
- Provides support and specialized input to opportunity pursuits and requests for proposals (RFPs). Crafts technical solutions and guides development of costing, itemized listing of equipment/software, diagramming, and supporting technical text for solution/product description. Ensures customer interests and needs are met.
- Works with company service centers and portfolios to develop appropriate integration approaches. Deepens subject matter expertise and experience with product/solution offering through collaboration with portfolios and service centers, as well as partners and senior colleagues.
- Educates the transition and account delivery teams on the solution designed and sold to the customer.
- Works closely with sales team and vertical leaders to identify vertical-specific solutions or approaches that help meet company growth/market penetration goals.
- Work as part of sales team to formulate account strategies
- Conduct requirements gathering through joint discovery at customer sites and remotely
- Discuss and articulate solutions to business problems with customer’s and prospectâ€™s executives and staff
- Own the technical relationship with the customers and prospects, and be responsible for ensuring that Infochimps is the technical vendor of choice
- Build and deliver effective custom presentations and demonstrations to customers and prospects
- Demonstrate products to small and large audiences
- Develop competitive knowledge and leverage in sales cycle
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices
- Conduct and lead customer Pilots
- Be a trusted adviser to customers and prospects
- Continue to develop and expand industry and product knowledge
- Own the technical relationship with the customers
- Provide innovative thought leadership, strategies, and solutions to solve complex issues and business problems for our customers
- Provide detailed evaluation of opportunities, task plans, and technical approaches for projects
- Develop specific areas of expertise in addition to maintaining broad skills across the industry specific to Big Data
- Travel within your assigned territory and North America as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or related field preferred
- Six or more years of sales engineering related experience in assigned product/solution area
- Experience carrying sales targets
- Experience working with solution/product portfolios within the managed services industry including knowledge of competitors, service offerings, customer expectations, trends and issues
- BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science
- 3-5+ years experience within the software industry
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in a pre-sales capacity supporting enterprise software solutions
- Proficient programming skills (i.e. MapReduce, Java, Ruby, Linux, etc)
- Excellent customer skills
- Flexible working hours
- Experience in systems analysis and/or client needs analysis
- Must have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to lead a team to solve complex business / technical issues
- Ability to work as a team, yet work independently on complex problems
- Proven analytic and problem solving skills
- Exhibits good project planning and time management skills
- Ability to build and support core products for the purpose of demonstrations
- Exhibits strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of business systems applications in the Big Data space
- Good communications and customer relationship/selling skills
- Good skill as a consultant and technical subject matter expert for assigned product/solution area
- Ability to publicly represent company with internal and external clients
- Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution
- Ability to guide the solution team
If you want to be part of our team, please send a resume and details about why you would be excited to work at Infochimps to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, see this job description online: