Essential Job Functions
- Designs and develops highly complex, integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
- Performs and evaluates cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations. Measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendation(s). Ensures adherence to model created and overall budgetary guidelines.
- Recommends moderately complex systems investment(s) to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
- Provides escalated, highly complex technical support to customers by investigating and resolving systems-related matters of significance; provides support telephonically and/or electronically.
- Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of the complex system requirements and problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of same.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology. Prepares reports regarding new technology to communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems programming or naval architecture
- Experience working with computer hardware, operating system software and desktop applications with a specific concentration in one or more areas
- Experience working with one or more structured programming languages
- Experience working with design principles and applications
- Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates, and team members
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Ability to integrate complex hardware and software systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
If you want to be part of our team, please send a resume and details about why you would be excited to work at Infochimps to email@example.com.
For more information, see this job description online: