DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1334):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 65 rows and 14 columns.
In millions of units (214.3 represents 214,300,000). For major crops, data ending in year shown. For meat and dairy, calendar year data, selected countries
- Forecast for crops, preliminary for meat and dairy.
- Excludes intra-EU (European Union) trade but includes intra-FSU (Former Soviet Union) trade.
- Where stocks data are not available, consumption includes stock changes.
- Stocks data are based on differing marketing years and do not represent levels at a given date. Data
not available for all countries.
- Wheat, coarse grains, and rice.
- 480 pound bales.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.