DatasetAdded By Infochimps
Services for this API has ceased
Our apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.
You can find a download of the data set for this API on this page
Did you ever want to correlate Wikipedia articles with geographic locations? You know, so you can figure out whose castle that is on the hill you just drove past, know whether there’s a natural or supernatural phenomenon nearby, or find a tiny museum in your neighborhood? With the Wikipedia Articles API, you can swiftly sift through ~300k Wikipedia entries to find articles by title and abstract content, filtered by geographic proximity. This API is a great way to explore your environment and find things you never even knew were there.
This API is part of the Infochimps Geo API.
Quick Reference Geolocators:
- Infochimps Office in Austin, TX: g.latitude=30.273054&g.longitude=-97.757598&g.radius=1000
- San Francisco, CA: g.latitude=37.776115&g.longitude=-122.412768&g.radius=1000
- Oakland, CA Bounding Box: g.bbox=37.7993,-122.2777,37.8077,-122.2682
- Marfa, TX: g.latitude=30.311863&g.longitude=-104.024779&g.radius=10000
- San Francisco, CA Quadkey: &quad_key=0230102
- Downtown & South Austin, TX Google Tile: g.latitude=30.221101852485983&g.longitude=-97.822265625&g.zoom_level=12