DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1168):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 38 rows and 19 columns.
In billions of dollars (1,081 represents $1,081,000,000,000). Covers debt markets as represented by the source
- Covers only long-term issuance.
- Marketable public debt.
- Includes overnight discount notes.
- Includes only Government National Mortgage Association (GNMA), Federal
National Mortgage Association (FNMA), Federal Home Loan Mortgage
Corporation (FHLMC) mortgage-backed securities (MBS) and collateralized mortgage
obligations (CMOs) and private-label MBS/CMOs.
- Excludes mortgage-backed assets.
- Includes non-convertible corporate debt, Yankee bonds, and MTNs (Medium-Term Notes), but excludes all issues
with maturities of one year or less, agency debt, and all certificates of deposit.
- Primary dealer transactions.
- Beginning September 1998, includes customer-to-dealer and dealer-to-dealer transactions.
- The Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association estimates.
- Commercial paper, bankers acceptances, and large time deposits.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.