DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1094):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 87 rows and 9 columns.
106,311 represents 106,311,000,000. For years ending September 30. Includes Puerto Rico and all outlying areas. See text, this section
- Data for 1980 includes penalty and franked mail, not shown separately.
- Items mailed at 1st class rates and weighing 11 ounces or less.
- Includes discontinued operations, area offices, and nurses.
- For career bargaining unit employees. Includes
- Net revenues after refunds of postage. Includes operating
reimbursements, stamped envelope purchases, indemnity claims, and
miscellaneous revenue and expenditure offsets. Shown in year which gave
rise to the earnings.
- For 1980, includes penalty and franked mail, not shown separately.
Later years have that mail distributed into the appropriate class.
- Provides 2 to 3 day delivery service.
- Overnight delivery of packages weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Beginning 2000, return receipt revenue broken out from reqistry, certified, and
insurance and included in “other.”
- Shown in year in which obligation was incurred.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.