DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 996):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 27 rows and 9 columns.
Value in millions of dollars (3,581 represents $3,581,000,000)
- Covers Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut,
Rhode Island, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
- Covers Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina,
Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.
- Covers Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana.
- Covers Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Iowa, Nebraska,
Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah.
- Covers Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona.
- Represents orders placed with U.S. builders.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.