DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1269):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 186 rows and 19 columns.
In millions of dollars (14,396 represents $14,396,000,000). See text, this section. Negative figures (-)occur when the total of grant returns, principal repayments, and/or foreign currencies disbursed by the U.S. Government exceeds new grants and new credits utilized and/or acquisitions of foreign currencies through new sales of farm products
- In 1992, some successor countries assumed portions of outstanding credits of the
former Yugoslavia (assignment of the remaining portions is pending). Subsequent negative
totals reflect payments to the United States on these assumed credits which were greater
than the extension of new credits and grants to these countries.
- Includes European Productivity Agency, European Coal and Steel
Community, European Payments Union, European Productivity Agency, North Atlantic
Treaty Organization, and Organization for European Economic Cooperation.
- In recent years, significant amounts of foreign assistance have been reported on a regional,
inter-regional, and worldwide basis. Country totals in this table may understate actual
assistance to many countries.
- Foreign assistance to Iraq in 1991-96 was direct humanitarian assistance
to ethnic minorities of Northern Iraq after the conflict in the Persian Gulf.
- United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine refugees.
- Excludes transactions with Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
after October 1986; includes transactions with Federated States of
Micronesia, Republic of the Marshall Islands, and Republic of Palau.
- Includes transfer of Panama Canal to the Republic of Panama on December 1999.
- Includes Andean Development Corporation, Caribbean Development Bank,
Central American Bank for Economic Integration, Eastern Caribbean Central Bank,
Inter-American Institute of Agricultural Science, Organizations of American
States, and Pan American Health Organization.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.