DatasetAdded By Infochimps
Statistics on bankruptcy petition filings are available for 12-month and 3-month periods ending September 30 (the fiscal year), December 31 (the calendar year), March 31, and June 30. Tables dating back to 1990s–and sometimes earlier–available on line.
- 12-month period ending March
- 12-month period ending June
- 12-month period ending September
- 12-month period ending December
- Quarterly Filings: 3 month by Chapter and District
Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act Statistics
These tables provide annual statistics on individual debtors with primarily consumer debts seeking relief under chapters 7, 11, and 13 of title 11 of the bankruptcy code, as mandated by the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 (BAPCPA). The tables
- Present data on all three chapters for debtors’ assets, liabilities, income, and expenses; median time intervals from case filing to disposition; creditor misconduct; and attorney sanctions.
- Highlight information about prior filing status, property valuation orders, and cases closed by plan dismissal or completion for chapter 13 cases.
- Display statistics on reaffirmation agreements in chapter 7 cases.
- Calendar year 2009
- Calendar year 2008
- Calendar year 2007
PACER Bankruptcy Statistics
Report F-5A provides data on business and non-business bankruptcy petitions filed, by chapter of the bankruptcy code, for a 12-month period.
- The report displays totals by county, as well as for each judicial circuit and district. County codes are determined by the county of residence of the first named debtor in each bankruptcy petition.
- Login to Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER)