DatasetAdded By ayman
Twitter Sentiment Dataset from the 1st 2008 Presidential Debate
Nick Diakopoulos and myself analysed the sentiment of tweets to characterize the Presidential debates. You can read about it in this paper. For this work, we collected sentiment judgements on 3,238 tweets from the first 2008 Presidential debate.
Some notes about this data:
- Twitter owners own their tweets.
- The sentiment judgements are free for non-commercial, educational, artistic, and academic usage.
- The tweets were all publicly posted.
- This data was collected via their search API in 2008; read this paper for details on how.
- Sentiment judgements were fetched from Mechanical Turkers; read this other paper for details.
- Be responsible in your work using this data.
We are releasing this under a Creative Commons license. Dataset for Characterizing Debate Performance via Aggregated Twitter Sentiment by Nicholas Diakopoulos and David A. Shamma is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Creative Commons BY-NC
Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported
h3. You are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work * to Remix — to adapt the work
h3. Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work). * Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
h3. With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder. * Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license: * Your fair dealing or fair use rights; * The author’s moral rights; * Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights. * *Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.