DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 910):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 22 rows and 17 columns.
In million kilowatts. Data are at end of year. For plants that use multiple sources of energy, capacity is assigned to the predominant energy source
- Anthracite, bituminous coal, subbituminous coal, lignite, waste coal, and coal synfuel.
- Distillate fuel oil, residual fuel oil, petroleum coke, jet fuel, kerosene, other petroleum, and waste oil.
- Includes a small amount of supplemental gaseous fuels that cannot be identified separately.
- Petroleum and natural gas.
- Blast furnace gas, propane gas, and other manufactured and waste gases derived from fossil fuels.
- Wood, black liquor, and other wood waste.
- Municipal solid waste, landfill gas, sludge waste, tires, agricultural byproducts, and other biomass.
- Solar thermal and photovoltaic energy.
- Batteries, chemicals, hydrogen, pitch, purchased steam, sulfur, and miscellaneous technologies.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.