DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1117):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 30 rows and 25 columns.
Revenue in millions of dollars (165,342 represents $165,342,000,000). Data based on carrier filings to the Federal Communications Commission. Because of reporting changes, data beginning 1999 are not strictly comparable with previous years; see source for details
- Counts dropped in 2002 because many
affiliated filers were allowed to file consolidated reports.
- Revenue data include adjustments, not shown separately. Through 1996, revenue data
include some nontelecommunications revenue, formerly reported as local
exchange wireless revenue.
- Competitive access providers (CAPs) and competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs).
- Data not available separately.
- Beginning 1996, includes specialized mobile radio services and other services, not shown separately.
- Cellular service, personal communications service, and specialized mobile radio.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.