DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 539):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 20 rows and 31 columns.
1,805 represents 1,805,000. Includes unemployment compensation for state and local government employees where covered by state law
- Insured unemployment as percent of average covered employment in
- Weeks compensated divided by first payment.
- Based on first payments for 12-month period ending June 30.
- Contributions from employers; also employees in states which tax
- End of year. Sum of balances in state clearing accounts,
benefit-payment accounts, and state accounts in Federal
unemployment trust funds.
- As percent of taxable wages.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.