DatasetAdded By Infochimps
> … The Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM) obtained elevation data on a near-global scale to generate the most complete high-resolution digital topographic database of Earth.
> SRTM is an international project spearheaded by the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Detailed info on data products at . It lists:
- Level-2 Terrain Height Data Sets (Digital Topographic Maps)
- Random Height Error Data Sets
- Strip Orthorectified Image Data Sets
- Systematic Height Error Model
- Final Verification Report & Global Height Error Model
- Openness: OPEN
- Provided by US Government Federal Agency so is public domain.
- Access: see tags.