DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1218):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 124 rows and 11 columns.
47,742 represents 47,742,000
- Source: Major League Baseball (previously, The National League of Professional
Baseball Clubs), New York, NY, National League Green Book; and The
American League of Professional Baseball Clubs, New York, NY,
American League Red Book.
- Beginning 1997, two rounds of playoffs were played. Prior years had one round.
- Source: Major League Baseball Players Association, New York, NY.
- Season ending in year shown.
- Source: National Collegiate Athletic Association, Indianapolis, IN (copyright).
- For women’s attendance total, excludes double-headers with men’s teams.
- For season ending in year shown. Source: National Hockey League, Montreal, Quebec.
- In September 2004, franchise owners locked out their players upon the expiration of the collective
bargaining agreement. The entire season was cancelled in February 2005.
- Source: Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association, Colorado Springs, CO.,
Official Professional Rodeo Media Guide, annual(copyright).
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.