DatasetAdded By selene
Rummble API is for developers to build services based around the Rummble community and to utilise their technology to build location based web services and mobile apps. All aspects of Rummble’s platform, content and community are at your disposal.
- Personalization using a Trust Network API – a unique and advanced personalization technology which builds a network of tastes between people. Imagine a social network but links of levels of trust, instead of friendship.
- Places – over two million global places of interest linked to thousands of reviews and real-time data, including the long tail of the physical world (physical locations of interest beyond just venues and businesses, e.g. great dog walk, vista of a city, great kite surfing spots) for both urban and rural places.
- People – Connect with the Rummble community and enable your users to rate, review and “check-in” to venues, to share their experiences in real-time with friends and across other services including Twitter, Facebook, Bebo, Flickr, FireEagle, Total Hotspots and more.
- Real-time Data Mining – Pull Tweets for specific venues, to provide news, reviews and content to get the latest local buzz and create services to interface with Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare and more
- WiFi Hospot Database – a global database of over 1/4 million wifi hotspots, for you to use, FREE for non-commerical use in your apps!
- It’s Free – for both commercial and non-commercial projects you can create completely separate services or enrich the Rummble community.
- Privacy – Granular location privacy settings built right into the platform core<>Field Tested – all the Rummble mobile apps are powered by the same API we give you access to. In partnership with Sun Microsystems we’re delivering performance and scalability.