DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1361):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 91 rows and 37 columns.
In millions of U.S. dollars (56,600 represents $56,600,000,000). Assets include holdings of convertible foreign currencies, special drawing rights, and reserve position in International Monetary Fund, and exclude gold holdings. Minus sign (-) indicates debits
- Holdings of convertible foreign currencies.
- Balance of payments current account and trade balance data prior to 2002 is for Belgium-Luxembourg. Thereafter, data is for Belgium only.
- With the establishment of diplomatic relations with China on January 1, 1979, the U.S. government
recognized the People’s Republic of China as the sole legal government of China and acknowledged
the Chinese position that there is only one China and that Taiwan is part of China.
- “Congo” is the official short-form name for both the Republic of Congo
and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. To distinguish one from the other
the U.S. Dept. of State adds the capital in parentheses. This practice is
unofficial and provisional.
- Prior to July 1990, data for former West Germany.
- Break in series. Data not comparable to earlier years.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.