DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 897):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 54 rows and 18 columns.
In quadrillion British thermal units (6.34 represents 6,340,000,000,000,000). For definition of Btu, see source and text, this section. Renewable energy is obtained from sources that are essentially inexhaustible unlike fossil fuels of which there is a finite supply
- Power produced from natural streamflow as regulated by available storage.
- As used at electric power plants, hot water or steam extracted from geothermal reservoirs
in the Earth’s crust that is supplied to steam turbines at electric power plants that drive
generators to produce electricity.
- Organic nonfossil material of biological origin constituting a renewable energy source.
- Includes small amounts of distributed solar thermal
and photovoltaic energy.
- Energy present in wind motion that can be converted to mechanical energy for driving
pumps, mills, and electric power generators. Wind pushes against sails, vanes, or blades
radiating from a central rotating shaft.
- Consists of living quarters for private households, but excludes institutional living quarters.
- Wood and wood products used as fuel, including round wood, limb wood, wood chips,
bark, sawdust, forest residues, charcoal, pulp, waste, and spent pulping liquor.
- The radiant energy of the sun, which can be
converted into other forms of energy, such as heat or electricity.
- Consists of service-providing facilities and equipment of businesses, governments, and other private and public organizations. Includes institutional living quarters and sewage treatment facilities.
other private and public organizations. Includes institutional living quarters and sewage treatment facilities.
- Municipal solid waste, landfill gases, agriculture byproducts/crops, sludge waste, tires,
and other biomass solids, liquids, and gases.
- Consists of all facilities and equipment used for producing, processing, or assembling goods.
- Ethanol primarily derived from corn.
- Consists of electricity only and combined heat and power plants who sell electricity and heat to the public.
- Generates electricity, but is not an electric utility.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.