DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 898):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 53 rows and 8 columns.
In quadrillions of Btu per year. For definition of Btu, see source and text, this section. Data represent actual heat rates used to determine fuel consumption for all renewable fuels except hydropower, solar, and wind. Consumption at hydroelectric, solar, and wind facilities determined by using the fossil fuel equivalent of 10,280 Btu per kilowatthour
- Includes nonelectric renewable energy groups for which the energy source is bought and
sold in the marketplace, although all transactions may not necessarily be marketed, and marketed
renewable energy inputs for electricity entering the marketplace on the electric power
grid. Excludes electricity imports.
- Includes all electricity production by industrial and other combined heat and power for the
grid and for own use.
- Includes municipal solid waste, landfill gas, and minicipal sewage sludge. All municipal solid
waste is included, although a portion of the municipal solid waste stream contains petroleum-
derived plastics and other nonrenewable sources. For municipal waste used to produce electric
power, incremental growth is assumed to be for landfill gas facilities.
- Excludes motor gasoline component of E85.
- Includes consumption of energy by electricity-only and combined heat and power plants whose
primary business is to sell electricity, or electricity and heat, to the public. Includes small
power producers and exempt wholesale generators.
- Includes selected renewable energy consumption data for which the energy is not bought or
sold, either directly or indirectly as an input to marketed energy.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.