DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1088):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 85 rows and 10 columns.
As of December 31, or calendar year data, except as noted (216 represents 216,000). Compiled from annual reports of class I railroads only, except where noted. Minus sign (-) indicates deficit
- See text, this section for definition of Class I.
- Average mid-month count.
- Represents the aggregate length of roadway of all line-haul
railroads. Excludes yard tracks, sidings, and parallel lines.
(Includes estimate for Class II and III railroads.)
- Includes multiple main tracks, yard tracks, and sidings owned by
both line-haul and switching and terminal. (Includes estimate for
Class II and III railroads.)
- Includes cars owned by all railroads, private car companies,
- Class I railroads only.
- Includes state income taxes beginning 1980.
- Includes payroll, income, and other taxes.
- Revenue and non-revenue freight.
- Source: Federal Railroad Admin., < mdit >Railroad Safety Statistics, < med >annual.
Includes highway grade crossing casualties. See Internet site
< http://www.fra.dot.gov/ >.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.