DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1290):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 44 rows and 14 columns.
3,184.0 represents 3,184,000
- 1980, 1990, and 2000 enumerated as of April 1; all other years
estimated as of July 1.
- Enrollment for the first school month. Expenses for school year
ending in year shown.
“Public” includes: Public Preschool, Public Elementary, Public Intermediate,
Public High School, Public Post-High School, Public Technological, Public Adult
Education, Public Vocational Education, and Public Special Education.
“College and university” includes both public and private colleges and universities.
- Annual average of monthly figures. For fiscal years.
- For population 16 years old and over.
- Includes other employment not shown separately.
- Includes forestry and fisheries.
- Percent unemployed of the labor force.
- For fiscal years.
- As of June 30. Does not include Federal savings banks and international banking entities.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.