DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 517):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 10 rows and 6 columns.
Data refer to criminal cases only; administrative cases are not included due to changes in reporting. Data in this table are not comparable with data reported in this table for previous years
- Financial investigations refer to cases developed to counteract organizations
involved in money laundering and related financial crimes.
- Human smuggling and trafficking investigations refer to cases targeted against persons or
organizations that bring, transport, harbor, or smuggle illegal aliens into or within the United States.
- General investigations refer to general investigative activities, including those targeting aliens
who attempt illegal reentry, have absconded, or commit other crimes in the United States.
Criminal alien investigations focus on large-scale organizations engaged in ongoing criminal activity.
- Identity and benefit fraud investigations seek to penetrate fraud schemes that are used to
violate immigration and related laws, or used to shield the true status of illegal aliens
in order to obtain entitlement benefits from federal, state, or local agencies.
- The compliance enforcement program focuses on preventing foreign nationals from exploiting the
nation’s immigration system by developing cases for investigation from Department of Homeland
Security systems containing information on the status of students and other nonimmigrants.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.