DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 155):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 49 rows and 10 columns.
In thousands (467.7 represents 467,700). As of Dec. 31, except 1990 as of Jan. 1, and as noted. Includes Puerto Rico and island areas
- Includes unspecified physicians.
- International medical graduates received their medical education in
schools outside the United States and Canada.
- Includes Colon and Rectal Surgery and Thoracic Surgery.
- Includes Aerospace Medicine, General Preventive Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Occupational Medicine,
Medical Genetics, and Public Health.
- Includes inactive and address unknown.
- Total number of DOs as of June 1. This number includes all living DOs,
including retired DOs, DOs in in postdoctoral training and federally employed DOs.
Data from American Osteopathic Association Fact Sheet,
American Osteopathic Association, Chicago, IL.
< http://www.osteopathic.org/index.cfm?PageID=aoa_annualrprt\ >.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.