DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 819):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 20 rows and 17 columns.
All export shares are estimated from export and production weights
- Includes live animals, eggs, fats and oils, wool, and fresh bovine hides.
- Includes sugar, honey, maple syrup. Excludes beer and confections.
- Includes wheat flour and other wheat products.
- Includes corn, barley, sorghum, oats, rye, and their products.
- The oilseed equivalent weights of oilmeals and vegetable oils are used.
- Includes fruit juices and wine, whose volume measures are converted to farm weight.
- Includes pulses (legumes) and hops. Frozen and canned exports are in farm-weight equivalent.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.