DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1325):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 133 rows and 12 columns.
This is table 1325 from the US Statistical Abstract about the topic Percent Distribution of Tax Receipts, by Country: 1980 to 2005
- Includes property taxes, employer payroll taxes other than Social
Security contributions, and miscellaneous taxes, not shown separately.
- Includes taxes on capital gains.
- Includes other taxes not shown separately.
- Includes contributions of self-employed not shown separately.
- Taxes on the production, sales, transfer, leasing, and delivery of
goods and services and rendering of services.
- Primary value-added and sales taxes.
- For example, excise taxes on alcohol, tobacco, and gasoline.
- Data are for former West Germany.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.