DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 206):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 65 rows and 10 columns.
In pounds, farm weight. Domestic food use of fresh fruits and vegetables reflects the fresh-market share of commodity production plus imports and minus exports
- Excludes wine grapes.
- Apricots, avocados, cherries, cranberries, kiwifruit, mangoes,
papayas, and honeydew melons.
- Lemons, limes, tangerines, and tangelos.
- Apples, apricots, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, cherries,
loganberries, peaches, plums, prunes, raspberries, and strawberries.
- Apples, apricots, dates, figs, peaches, pears, prunes, and raisins.
- Apples, apricots, cherries, olives, peaches, pears, pineapples, plums, and
- Apple, cranberry, grape, grapefruit, lemon, lime, orange, pineapple,
- Artichokes, Brussels sprouts, eggplant, escarole, endive, garlic,
romaine, leaf lettuce, radishes, spinach, and squash.
Beginning 2000, includes collard greens, kale, mustard greens, okra, pumpkin, and turnip greens.
- Asparagus, snap beans, lima beans, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower,
sweet corn, green peas, potatoes, spinach, and miscellaneous vegetables.
- Asparagus, snap beans, beets, cabbage, carrots, chili peppers, sweet
corn, cucumbers for pickling, green peas, lima beans, mushrooms,
spinach, and tomatoes.
- Onions and potatoes.
- Dry peas, lentils, and dry edible beans.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.