DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 205):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 81 rows and 11 columns.
In pounds, retail weight, except as indicated. Consumption represents the residual after exports, nonfood use and ending stocks are subtracted from the sum of beginning stocks, domestic production, and imports. Based on Census Bureau estimated resident population
- Excludes edible offals.
- Excludes shipments to Puerto Rico and the other U.S. possessions.
- Milk-equivalent, milk-fat basis. Includes butter.
- Fluid milk figures are aggregates of commercial sales
and milk produced and consumed on farms.
- Includes eggnog, not shown separately.
- Heavy cream, light cream, and half and half.
- Excludes full skim American, cottage, pot, and baker’s cheese.
- Includes other cheeses not shown separately.
- Includes rye flour and barley products not shown separately. Excludes quantities used in
- Dry weight. Includes edible syrups (maple, molasses, etc.)
and honey not shown separately.
- Includes glucose and dextrose not shown separately.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.