DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 756):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 104 rows and 61 columns.
In billions of dollars (515.4 represents $515,400,000,000). Estimates as of Dec. 31. Net stock estimates are presented in terms of current-cost & cover equipment, software, and structures
- Based on North American Industry Classification System, 1997; see text this section.
- NAICS crop and animal production.
- Consists of scenic and sightseeing transportation; transportation support
activities; and couriers and messengers.
- Intangible assets include patents, trademarks, and franchise agreements,
but not copyrights.
- Consists of accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping, and payroll services;
architectural, engineering, and related services; specialized design services;
management, scientific, and technical consulting services; scientific research
and development services; advertising and related services; and other
professional, scientific, and technical services.
- Consists of bank and other holding companies.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.