DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 880):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 37 rows and 38 columns.
For definitions of terms, see below table. For information on methodology and data collection, see < http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/natural_gas/data_publications/natural_gas_annual/current/pdf/appendix_a.pdf >
- Estimated, end of year. Source: 1970-1976; American Gas Association,
Arlington, VA (copyright.); thereafter,
U.S. Energy Information Administration,
U.S. Crude Oil, Natural Gas, and Natural Gas Liquids Reserves, annual.
- Marketed production includes gross withdrawals from reservoirs less
quantities used for reservoir repressuring and quantities vented or
flared. For 1980 and thereafter,
excludes the nonhydrocarbon gases subsequently removed.
- Volumetric reduction in natural gas resulting from the removal of
natural gas plant liquids, which are transferred to petroleum supply.
- Quantities lost and imbalances in data due to differences among data sources. Since 1980, excludes
intransit shipments that cross U.S.-Canada border (I.e., natural gas delivered to its destination via the other
- Underground storage. For 1980-2004, includes liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage in above-ground tanks.
- Includes deliveries to municipalities and public authorities for
institutional heating and other purposes.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.