DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 123):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 35 rows and 17 columns.
In billions of dollars (714.0 represents $714,000,000,000), except percent. Excludes Puerto Rico and island areas
- Change from immediate prior year. For
explanation of average annual percent change, see Guide to
- Covers insurance benefits and amount retained by insurance companies
for expenses, additions to reserves, and profits (net cost of insurance).
- Represents expenditures for total medical sector acquisitions
of structures and equipment including structures that house
medical professionals’ offices.
- Represents expenditures for benefits and administrative cost from
Federal hospital and medical insurance trust funds under old-age,
survivors, disability, and health insurance programs; see text,
of this section.
- Payments made directly to suppliers of medical care
- Includes medical benefits paid under public law by private
insurance carriers, state governments, and self-insurers.
- Expenditures not offset by other revenues.
- Covers expenditures for Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Indian
Health Service; school health and other programs.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.