DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 124):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 32 rows and 18 columns.
In billions of dollars (714.0 represents $254,900,000,000). Excludes Puerto Rico and island areas.
- Includes nonpatient revenues, privately-funded construction,
and industrial inplant.
- Includes services of registered and practical nurses in private duty,
podiatrists, optometrists, physical therapists,
clinical psychologists, chiropractors, naturopaths, and Christian
- Includes expenditures for eyeglasses, hearing aids, orthopedic
appliances, artificial limbs, crutches, wheelchairs, etc.
- Includes administrative expenses of federally financed health programs.
- Research and development expenditures of drug companies and other
manufacturers and providers of medical equipment and supplies are
excluded from research expenditures, but are included in the expenditure
class in which the product falls.
- Represents expenditures for total medical sector acquisitions
of structures and equipment including structures that house medical professionals’ offices.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.