DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 961):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 100 rows and 9 columns.
In thousands (74,931 represents 74,931,000). As of fall. Based on the American Housing Survey; see Appendix III
- Constructed in the past 4 years.
- For persons who selected this race group only. See footnite 3, Table 954.
- Persons of Hispanic origin may be of any race.
- 65 years old and over.
- Rural Housing Service/Rural Development Mortgage,
formerly Farmers Home Administration
- Persons reporting more than one reason are duplicated in the total.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.