DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 868):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 87 rows and 29 columns.
829.7 represents 829,700,000. Data represent production as measured by mine shipments, mine sales, or marketable production; see Appendix IV
- 42 gallons per barrel
- Contains bituminous limestone and sandstone, and gilsonite.
Includes road oil, 1989 to 93. Discontinued.
- Includes Puerto Rico until 1996.
- Excludes Puerto Rico for 1997-2006.
- Beginning 1992, includes aplite.
- Includes grindstones, oilstones, whetstones, and deburring media.
Excludes grinding pebbles, and tubemill liners.
- Excludes abrasive stone, bituminous limestone and sandstone, and
ground soapstone, all included elsewhere in table;
Includes calcareous marl and slate.
- Includes Puerto Rico, 1990 to 96.
- Represents shipments; includes byproduct ores.
- 5 to 35 percent manganiferous ore.
- Production from mercury ore only, 1986 to 89; mercury recovered as a by products of gold ores only, 1990 to 97.
- Content of ore and concentrate.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.