DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 394):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 46 rows and 18 columns.
As of beginning of first session of each Congress, (January 3). Figures for Representatives exclude vacancies
- Source: Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, Washington, DC,
Black Elected Officials: A Statistical Summary, annual (copyright).
- Source: Prior to 2005, Library of Congress, Congressional Research Service,
“Asian Pacific Americans in the United States Congress,” Report 94-767 GOV; starting 2005, U.S. House
of Representatives, “House Press Gallery,” < http://www.house.gov/daily/hpg.htm > (as of 4 January 2007)
and U.S. Senate, “Minorities in the Senate,”
< http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/minority_senators.htm >.
- Source: National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed
Officials, Washington, DC,
National Roster of Hispanic Elected Officials, annual.
- Some members do not provide date of birth.
- Represents consecutive years of service.
- Some members do not provide years of service.
- Includes District of Columbia delegate but not Virgin Islands delegate.
- Includes members elected to fill vacant seats through June 14, 1993.
- Includes District of Columbia and Virgin Islands delegate.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.