DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 134):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 22 rows and 14 columns.
In millions of dollars (65,721 represents $65,271,000,000). For years ending Sept. 30. Distribution of benefits by type is estimated and subject to change. The Medicare program has two components: Hospital Insurance (HI) or Medicare Part A and Supplementary Medical Insurance (SMI) consisting of Medicare Part B and Part D. See text in this section for details
- Lab services paid under the lab fee schedule performed in a physician’s office
lab or an independent lab.
- Includes free-standing ambulatory surgical centers facility costs, ambulance, and supplies.
- Includes the hospital facility costs for Medicare Part B services which are
predominantly in the outpatient department. The physician reimbursement associated
with these services is included on the “Physician Fee Schedule” line.
- Lab fee services paid under the lab fee schedule performed in a hospital
- Includes ESRD free-standing dialysis facility payments and payments to rural health
clinics, outpatient rehabilitation facilities, psychiatric hospitals, and
federally qualified health centers.
- Benefits prior to 2006 are for transitional assistance to beneficiaries with low income.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.