DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 139):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 21 rows and 10 columns.
In thousands, except percent (37,738 represents 37,738,000). Represents number of persons as of March of following year who were enrolled at any time in year shown. Excludes unrelated individuals under age 15. Persons did not have to receive medical care paid for by medicaid in order to be counted. See headnote, Table 548
- Includes other races not shown separately.
- White alone refers to people who reported white and did not report any other race category.
- Black alone refers to people who reported white and did not report any other race category.
- Asian alone refers to people who reported white and did not report any other race category.
- Persons of Hispanic origin may be of any race.
- The estimates are revised from the originally published data.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.