DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1302):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 17 rows and 26 columns.
Per 1,000 population aged 15-64 years
- Provisional marriage rates for the United States and Canada. U.S. marriage rate may be understated
because of incomplete reporting in Oklahoma.
- Provisional divorce rates for Ireland.
- Provisional divorce rates for the United States, Germany, Ireland, Spain, France, and Italy. U.S. divorce
rate may be understated because of incomplete reporting in Oklahoma.
- Divorce rates for 2000-2005 are estimated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics; includes unlicensed
marriages in California.
- Divorces for 2005 are estimated by Eurostat.
- Date are for 1991 instead of 1990.
- Divorces for 2004 are estimated by Eurostat.
- Divorce not allowed by law prior to 1997.
- Marriages for 2001-2002 are estimated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics; Marriages for 2005 are
estimated by Eurostat.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.