DatasetAdded By selene
In the hit rap song, Area Codes, performed by artist Ludacris, several U.S. area codes are mentioned. Ludacris claims to have “hoes” residing in each one of the area codes.
Stefanie Gray, the creator of the map, says:
In this song, Ludacris brags about the area codes where he knows women, whom he refers to as ‘hoes’. I’m a female and a feminist. I dislike the usage of the word ‘ho’. However, as both a geography major and Gangsta rap aficionado, I find this song hilarious, and had to map it. I made this map at 4 a.m. one night and it became a brief internet sensation thanks to StrangeMaps.wordpress.com…
• Ludacris heavily favors East Coast hoes to the West, save for those in Seattle, San Francisco, Sacramento, and Las Vegas.
• Ludacris travels frequently along the Boswash corridor.
• There is a “ho belt” nearly equivalent to the “Bible Belt”.
• Ludacris has hoes in the entire state of Maryland.
• Ludacris has a large ho-zone in rural Nebraska. He might favor girls who farm.
• Ludacris’ ideal ‘ho-highway’ would be I-95.
• Ludacris has hoes in the Midway and Wake Islands. Only scientists are allowed to inhabit the Midway Islands, and only military personnel may inhabit the Wake Islands. Draw your own conclusion