DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 436):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 8 rows and 11 columns.
In millions of dollars (2,393 represents $2,393,000,000). For fiscal years
- Player scratches a latex section on ticket which reveals instantly
whether ticket is a winner.
- Players choose and bet on three or four digits, depending on game,
with various payoffs for different straight order or mixed combination
- Players typically select six digits out of a large field of numbers.
Varying prizes are offered for matching three through six numbers drawn
- Includes breakopen tickets, spiel, keno, video lottery, etc.
- Sales minus prizes and expenses equal net government income.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.