DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 77):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 78 rows and 13 columns.
Prior to 1960, excludes Alaska and Hawaii. Beginning 1970, excludes births to, and deaths of nonresidents of the United States. See Appendix III
- Prior to 1960, data adjusted for underregistration.
- Infants under 1 year, excluding fetal deaths; rates per 1,000
registered live births.
- Includes estimates for some States through 1965 and also for 1976
and 1977 and marriage licenses for some states for all years except
1973 and 1975. Beginning 1978, includes nonlicensed marriages in
- Includes reported annulments and some estimated state figures for all years.
- Divorce rate excludes data for California, Colorado, Indiana, and Louisiana; population for this rate also excludes these states.
- Divorce rates exclude data for California, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana and Minnesota, in 2005 and 2006;
California, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, and Louisiana, in 2004;
California, Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana, and Oklahoma in 2003; and California, Indiana, and Oklahoma in 2002.
Populations for these rates also exclude these States.
- Provisional data. Includes nonresidents of the United States.
- Excludes Louisiana.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.