DatasetAdded By allimaupin
This release updates the English Indices of Deprivation 2007.
The English Indices of Deprivation measures relative levels of deprivation in small areas of England called Lower layer Super Output Areas.
Most of the indicators used in these statistics are from 2008.
This domain measures the extent of deprivation in terms of education, skills and training in an
area. The indicators are structured into two sub-domains: one relating to children and young
people and one relating to adult skills. These two sub-domains are designed to reflect the ‘flow’
and ‘stock’ of educational disadvantage within an area respectively. Seven indicators are used to
calculate this domain:
Sub-domain: Children/young people
- Average points score of pupils taking English, Maths and Science Key Stage 2 exams
- Average points score of pupils taking English, Maths and Science Key Stage 3 exams
- Average capped points score of pupils taking Key Stage 4 (GCSE or equivalent) exams
- Proportion of young people not staying on in school or non-advanced education above age
- Secondary school absence rate – the proportion of authorised and unauthorised absences
from secondary school
- Proportion of those aged under 21 not entering Higher Education.
- Proportion of adults aged 25-54 with no or low qualifications.