DatasetAdded By allimaupin
This release updates the English Indices of Deprivation 2007.
The English Indices of Deprivation measures relative levels of deprivation in small areas of England called Lower layer Super Output Areas.
Most of the indicators used in these statistics are from 2008.
This domain measures the proportion of the population in an area experiencing deprivation related
to low income. A combined count of income deprived individuals per LSOA is calculated by
summing the following five indicators:
- Adults and children in Income Support families
- Adults and children in Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance families
- Adults and children in Pension Credit (Guarantee) families
- Adults and children in Child Tax Credit families (who are not in receipt of Income Support,
Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance or Pension Credit) whose equivalised income
(excluding housing benefits) is below 60 per cent of the median before housing costs2
- Asylum seekers in England in receipt of subsistence support, accommodation support, or
In addition to this domain index two supplementary indices concerning income deprivation are also
produced, an Income Deprivation Affecting Children Index and an Income Deprivation Affecting
Older People Index. These two indices represent the proportion of children aged 0-15 living in
income deprived households and the proportion of older people aged 60 and over living in income
deprived households respectively.