DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 700):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 61 rows and 57 columns.
In billions of dollars, except as indicated (1,283 represents $1,283,000,000,000). As of December 31. For details of financial assets and liabilities, see tables 1139 and 1141 in the Banking and Finance section
- At market value.
- All types of owner-occupied housing including farm houses and mobile homes, as well as second homes
that are not rented, vacant homes for sale, and vacant land.
- At replacement (current) cost.
- Value based on the market values of equities held and the book value of other assets
held by mutual funds.
- Net worth of noncorporate business and owners’ equity in farm business and
unincorporated security brokers and dealers.
- Includes loans made under home equity lines of credit and home equity loans secured by junior liens.
- Liabilities of nonprofit organizations.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.