DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1244):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 83 rows and 5 columns.
This is table 1244 from the US Statistical Abstract about the topic Foreign Tourists and Business Travelers Admitted by Country of Residence: 1990 to 2005
- Due to the temporary expiration of the Visa Waiver Program from May through October 2000,
data for business and pleasure not available separately for 2000 and 2001.
- Includes other countries and countries unknown, not shown separately.
- Data for 1990 are for former West Germany.
- See Table 1298, footnote 2.
- Prior to fiscal year 1995, data for Niue are included in New Zealand.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.