DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 1136):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 45 rows and 58 columns.
In billions of dollars (1,458 represents 1,458,000,000,000). As of Dec. 31
- Private defined benefit and defined contribution plans (including 401(k) type plans).
- Includes the Federal Employees Thrift Savings Plan, the National Railroad Retirement
Investment Trust, and nonmarketable government securities held by federal government
- Open-end investment companies; excludes funding vehicles for variable annuities, which are included in the life
- Federal Home Loan Banks, Federal National Mortgage Association, Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation,
Federal Agriculture Mortgage Corporation, Farm Credit System, the Financing Corporation, the Resolution
Funding Corporation, and the Student Loan Marketing Association (Sallie Mae), which is a subsidiary of SLM Corporation., a private company chartered in 1998.
- Government National Mortgage Association, Federal National Mortgage Association,
Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, Federal Agriculture Mortgage Corporation, and Farmers Home Administration pools. Also includes
agency- and GSE-backed mortgage pool securities which are used as collateral for agency- and GSE-backed
collateralized mortgage obligations (CMOs) and privately
issued CMOs. Excludes Federal Financing Bank holdings of pool securities, which are included with federal government mortgages and other loans and advances.
- Includes retail captive finance companies.
- Funding subsidiaries, nonbank financial holding companies, and custodial accounts for
reinvested collateral of securities lending operations.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.