DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 919):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 42 rows and 62 columns.
In million metric tons (2,354.8 represents 2,354,800,000), except as noted
- Includes other items not shown separately.
- Includes lease and plant fuel.
- Emissions from the electric power sector are distributed to the end-use sectors.
- Includes emissions from geothermal power and nonbiogenic emissions from municipal solid waste.
- Fuel consumption includes energy for combined-heat-and-power plants (CHP), except those plants
whose primary business is to sell electricity, or electricity and heat, to the public.
- This includes carbon dioxide from international bunker fuels, both civilian and military, which are
excluded from the accounting of carbon dioxide emissions under the United Nations convention.
- Includes pipeline fuel natural gas and compressed natural gas used as vehicle fuel.
- Includes electricity-only and combined heat and power plants whose primary business is to sell
electricity, or electricity and heat, to the public. For years prior to also includes emissions
from minicipal solid waste and geothermal electricity generation. Emissions from the electric
power sector are apportioned to each end-use sector according to their share of electricity sales.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.