DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 402):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 92 rows and 17 columns.
As of January 2002, no Black elected officials had been identified in Montana or South Dakota
- Includes elected state administrators.
- County commissioners and councilmen, mayors, vice mayors, aldermen,
regional officials, and other.
- Judges, magistrates, constables, marshals, sheriffs,
justices of the peace, and other.
- Members of state education agencies, college boards, school boards,
- Includes one shadow senator (an elected official who lobbied Congress on DC issues, but is not sworn in
at the federal level and has no voting privileges).
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.