DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 80):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 39 rows and 26 columns.
Represents registered births. Excludes births to nonresidents of the U.S. Data are based on Hispanic-origin and race of mother. Persons of Hispanic origin may be of any race. See headnote, Table 78. See Appendix III
- Excludes data for New Hampshire and Oklahoma, which did not report Hispanic origin.
a Excludes data for New Hampshire, which did not report Hispanic origin.
- Includes other races not shown separately.
- Number of live births in all multiple deliveries per 1,000 live births.
- Number of live births in twin deliveries per 1,000 live births.
- Number of live births in triplet and other higher-order deliveries per 100,000 live births.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.