DatasetAdded By Infochimps
The Statistical Abstract files are distributed by the US Census Department as Microsoft Excel files. These files have data mixed with notes and references, multiple tables per sheet, and, worst of all, the table headers are not easily matched to their rows and columns.
A few files had extraneous characters in the title. These were corrected to be consistent. A few files have a sheet of crufty gibberish in the first slot. The sheet order was shuffled but no data were changed.
The tables that were changed (this is table 805):
0166 0257 0362 0429 0445 0446 0459 0461 0462 0464 0465 0466 0467 0469 0479 0480 0481 0482 0483 0484 0485 0486 0487 0559 0628 0629 1144 1227 1231
This dataset consists of a table of 47 rows and 38 columns.
In billions of dollars, except as indicated (279 represents $279,000,000,000). As of December 31
- Excludes horses, mules, and broilers.
- Include only farm share value for trucks and autos.
- All non-CCC crops held on farms plus the value above loan rate
for crops held under Commodity Credit Corporation.
- Includes CCC storage and drying facility loans but excludes debt
on operator dwellings and for nonfarm purposes.
- Returns to farm assets from current income/farm business assets.
Measures how efficiently the farm business uses its assets; the per
dollar return on farm assets from current income only.
- Real capital gains on farm business assets/farm business assets.
The per dollar return on farm assets from real capital gains.
- Returns to farm assets from current income minus interest/farm
business equity. Measures the returns to equity capital employed
in farm business from current income less interest.
- Real capital gains on farm business assets/farm business equity.
The per dollar return on farm equity from real capital gains.
Public Domain (Government Work)
This dataset was prepared by the government and is therefore in the public domain. There are no restrictions upon its use.